The Podcasts app on Apple TV supports from the tvOS version 9.1.1. Although the Apple Podcasts app before tvOS version 9.1.1 will not support on Apple TV, Apple brings the Podcasts app that you used on your iOS devices to their Apple TV. Users find this to be a great initiative from Apple, now Apple TV users can also browse the podcasts show and episodes with the Siri remote and subscribe, watch, listen and share them.
Here are simple methods to send and get podcasts on your Apple TV.
How to get podcasts via AirPlay on your Apple TV
This is the simplest way to get podcasts on your Apple TV. But it also has a downside- if anything such as a video message or FaceTime call interrupts your iOS device playback, then this will also interrupt playback of your Apple TV.
1. Open any of the ‘Podcasts’ app on your iPhone either Podcasts app, Overcast, Pocket Casts, or Castro.
2. Find the ‘Podcast’ you want to play on your Apple TV.
3. When you find the podcast to beam your TV, play it.
4. Now, tap on the ‘AirPlay’ button.
5. Select the ‘Apple TV’ to AirPlay the podcast.
If your Podcast app doesn’t have an AirPlay button or option, then you can open Control Center of your iOS device and use the universal AirPlay button of your iPhone while continue playing podcast.
1. Launch ‘Control Center’ of your iPhone or iPad.
Swipe down from the top right edge in iPhone X or later, and iPads have iOS 12. If you have iPhone 8 and older then swipe up from the bottom edge.
2. Now, 3D touch or tap and hold the Media playback widget and expand it.
3. Then tap on the ‘AirPlay’ button.
4. Select the ‘Apple TV’ on which you want to send and play the podcast.
How to get podcasts via Home Sharing on your Apple TV
You can use Home Sharing to get your podcasts on your Apple TV. Only you have to connect your iTunes and access iTunes library on your PC or Mac. When they are in the same network, you can stream anything from your iTunes library including your podcasts on your TV.
But before this, you need to set up Home Sharing, here is how.
1. Launch the ‘Computers’ app on your Apple TV.
2. Provide your ‘Apple ID’ details to start Home Sharing.
3. Go to ‘Podcasts’ from the top menu bar.
4. Now, click on a podcast to select an episode from.
5. Click the ‘Episode’ to start playing.
That’s it! Play and enjoy your favorite podcasts on your Apple TV.
Mathew Anderson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.